Rampages

Senior Night!

Last Friday, the seniors participated in different things throughout the day in preparation for senior night at the football game against Latrobe. Each senior had to opportunity to decorate a crown however they’d like. Many kids chose to include things that represented them. Personally, I included the flags of the three exchange students I’ve hosted, “drum major”, my name, and #LLE in green letters.

At the end of the day, the whole student body got together to recognize seniors from the fall sports at a pep rally in the gym. The fall sports included: girls/boys soccer, boys golf, girls tennis, cross country, football, marching band, and cheerleading. The pep rally also included many songs from the marching band and two cheers from the cheerleaders.

Prior to pregame, the football players and cheerleaders participated in their senior recognitions and allowed time for their seniors to enjoy the spotlight.

Moving later into the night, the marching band seniors shared some memories and advice with the younger band members before heading over to the field for pregame. As per tradition, the Honors Choir sang the National Anthem and Alma Mater. During halftime, the 29 band seniors were announced and sang the Alma Mater, conducted by Anna Holsing. To conclude halftime, the band performed “Train Train”, a song from the senior’s freshman year, and Jaylen Hayden performed the song he wrote in Eli’s memory, “Long Live E”. Following the football game, the Marching Band performed “Amazing Grace” in honor of Senior Eli Bussotti before their final performance of their halftime show titled “Disco!”

About the Writer
Emily Crawford, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is Emily Crawford and I am a senior at HHS. I am Drum Major of the marching band and secretary for National Honor Society. I am involved in...