Rampages

Filed under Features, Top Stories

Welcome To The Jungle

Prepare for your greatest adventure yet with Jumanji 2: Welcome To The Jungle!

Many of you may have heard of the story Jumnji. Whether you read the children book, seen the 1995 film, or simply heard someone reference it. Well, get ready for the popular tale to continue in the 2017 film, Jumanji 2: Welcome To The Jungle!

The movie, to be released December 20th, takes the classic tale of Jumanji and evolves it. Changing the cursed board game into something a little more modern. A cursed video game. The change doesn’t stop there however, this time, the main characters are actually sucked into the video game and become their avatars.

The main characters are four teenagers, Spencer (Alex Wolfe), a nerdy gamer; Bethany (Madison Iseman), a popular and very pretty girl; Anthony “Fridge” (Ser’Darius Blaine) a football jock; And Martha (Morgan Turner), a wallflower and overachiever. Through a series of coincidences, all four of them end up in detention and are forced to clean the school basement, during which Spencer discovers an old video game, and the four of them decide to play it; Not knowing the adventure that lies before them.

After choosing their avatars, all four are sucked into the game Jumanji and become the avatars they chose. Spencer becomes Dr. Smolder Bravestone, an archaeologist and explorer. Bethany becomesProfessor Shelly Oberon, a cartographer and cryptographer. Fridge becomes Franklin “Moose” Finbar, a zoologist and weapons specialist, and Martha becomes Ruby Roundhouse, a commando. The four must figure out how to escape the game, work together, and control their new found abilities.

Along the way, they will meet Jefferson “Seaplane” McDonough, a mysterious guide and adventurer in the game who will help the avatars escape Jumanji, as well as John Bardon, the villain who will attempt to stop them.

The movie contains stars such as Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as Dr. Smolder Bravestone, Jack Black as Professor Shelly Oberon, Kevin Hart as Franklin “Moose” Finbar, Karen Gillan as Ruby Roundhouse, and Nick Jonas as Jefferson “Seaplane” McDonough.

With amazing actors, an intense plot line, and a tale that has appealed to all ages since 1981, this movie is bound to be 2017’s movie of the year!

YouTube
About the Writer
Eve Trent, Staff Writer

Hello! The name is Eve Trent, I am a senior in high school and planning on going to CCAC for Massage Therapy, then going to a 4-year university for Biological...