Rampages

Filed under Features, Top Stories

Progressive Rock Band, King Crimson, Has Announced 2019 Tour Dates to Celebrate The Group’s 50th Anniversary

Back to Article
Back to Article

It has been 50 years since the release of King Crimson’s debut album, “In the Court of the Crimson King”.  A large number of rock music fans consider the album to be the first progressive rock album ever made, being one of the first albums to combine elements of technical jazz with characteristics of hard rock.  Since releasing the album, they have gone on to release many critically acclaimed records, such as “Lark’s Tongues in Aspic”, “Red”, and “Discipline”. 

To celebrate fifty years since the band’s formation, they recently announced a new 2019 tour, which includes dates in the United States, United Kingdom, and other European countries.  Many of the dates have yet to be confirmed because they have not all been agreed upon by certain promoters, but some concert dates have been set in stone.  So far, only three U.S. tour dates have been confirmed; The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles on September 3rd, The Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University in Chicago on September 10th, and The Radio City Music Hall in New York City on September 20th.  The band says that more dates will be announced as they are arranged with promoters around the country.

About the Writer
Jamie Duncan, Staff Writer

I am a senior at Highlands High School.  I am 17 years old.  My primary interests are music and movies, but I am also interested in sports.  I play...