Rampages

Filed under News, Top Stories

Tips for Good Grades

The school year is coming to an end sooner than you think. Every school year that passes is a year closer to reality. School is just preparing you for the real world. There are many thing in the real world to look up to if you’re prepared, but if you’re not its chaos. Good grades can help a lot of situations when you’re out of high school. It can help in situations of smarts, communications, and even just common sense. Good grades help strengthen these abilities because you were most likely paying attention to a lesson that had a good message to help it out. If your grades are bad or not as good as you want them to be you should stay put and keep reading these tips to good grades.

1.There’s always room for improvement.You need to realize no matter how good or bad your grades are theres always something new to learn. We can learn from anything that goes on in school. It may not be just about a class or specific subject, but it can be about anything. You can learn the smallest things like manners, how to socialize, how to help out, literally anything.

2.Attend all your classes. It’s pretty obvious that you wont get a good grade in a class that you skip or you aren’t fully attended to. Just because you are in a classroom that a lesson is happening in doesn’t mean you’re fully attended. You need to pay attention, participate, and even ask questions. This will help you better understand things, especially if you didn’t have a care in the world about the subject. Teachers are teaching you these thing for a reason, if you think not then why would they waste their time on it?

3.Use your time wisely. If your teacher is giving you time to do something don’t wait last minute to do it. If you start ahead of time you may run into a problem and can ask your teacher for help, but you wont have enough time if you wait last minute. Also you should use some of your out of school time to work on school related things. I know you wait for free time all day but you need to make sure all of your homework or school work is complete before you get into any other activities. This will also help you keep up with classes and that will help your grades.

4. Stay organized. Organization is important in many things. Every little thing will be easier if you’re organized. It can help manage time, avoid losing things, and even may give you extra free time if you plan correctly. Time management is a really good thing to have when the schedule is getting kinda busy. If you want t0 do multiple things but you don’t know what time you’re available this can come in handy. Organization of items is important as well. The one thing you don’t need is to lose things that are important for your day. Once you know where the things you need are, you’re set for keeping your day in order.

5. Study. You will hardly ever pass  your classes without studying. This is one of the most important things to help get good grades. Studying helps refresh your memory of what you learned, practice academic skills, and discover new and improved strategies. All of this may come in handy one day. It will keep reminding you that practice is  necessary  for anything. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect.

6. Go above and beyond. Always take any chance you can get for extra credit or ask for any extra credit. If there is a chance to improve your grades you need to take it. No matter how good you think your grade is it can always come in handy. You may find problems or a problem with your grade further into the semester but if you have those few extra credit points it can help your grade tremendously. Plus if you have a high grade in there to begin with it can make your grade go above a 100% and that is a real advancement.

7. Try to stay focused. Focusing is important so you know what is going on and you are understanding well. If you don’t understand anything what’s the use of it? Like I said before you are getting taught these things for a reason and not just to waste time. It is important to remember and understand so you will remember them later in life which this is all preparing you for. Also as I said before if you don’t understand ask questions. The only one you’re hurting is yourself when you don’t ask. Don’t be shy and speak up if you need more understanding its a big component of good grades.

This may not be new information but it is significant information. Having good grades is highly remarkable in. your future. Many colleges and universities look for good grades to show your motivation, dedication, work ethic, and succeeding abilities. Good grades will help your acceptance in many schools, jobs, and even your future success. You can still succeed without them but they can help you out a lot in the long run. Its easier to work harder when you’re younger rather than older. Life will be hard when your older but why not make it a bit easier to succeed in life? That’s what good grades do and I highly suggest to keep them up. Good luck with your grades.

About the Writer
Breona Csizmadia, Staff Writer

My name is Breona Csizmadia but my friends usually call me Bre. I am a freshman in highlands which also means that I am in 9th grade. My hobbies include...