Rampages

Filed under Opinion, Top Stories

Was Marilyn Monroe Murdered by the Government?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Marilyn Monroe was an American actress, model, and singer. She became one of the most popular sex symbols of the 1950s from her movie roles and her beauty. Someone as idolized and as beautiful as her should have no reason to be anything other than happy, right? Wrong. On August 5th, 1962, Marilyn was found face down in her bed, dead from a barbiturate overdose. Marilyn had battled substance abuse and depression years prior, but there was something off about the whole situation. Why weren’t there any traces of the pills she had taken in her stomach? Why did it take hours to call the police after she was found dead? Why did her body position look so staged? Why wouldn’t someone who is about to take a bunch of pills have a glass of water on the side table? Well folks, I think I have the answer to all of those questions. She was killed by the government. That’s right, I’m putting a theory out into the open: did JFK and Bobby Kennedy have the government kill Marilyn Monroe? Let’s dive a little deeper, shall we? In order to fully understand where I’m coming from with this theory, we need to go back in time a little. On May 19th, 1962, at a fundraiser for President John F. Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe strutted on stage in a skin-tight, rhinestone-encrusted gown. She waltzed her way up to the microphone and in her signature sultry voice she began to sing “Happy Birthday, Mr. President”. This performance drew speculations from the public that maybe there was something deeper than just a friendship between the two. While this display from Marilyn is what got the public stirring, apparently the most plausible night for an affair happened on March 24th, 1962. Both Kennedy and Monroe are thought to have been at Bing Crosby’s Palm Springs California home for a party. If they were indeed at Bing Crosby’s party together, it is very possible that Kennedy asked her to sing at his birthday that same night. But wait- the plot thickens. It is also reported that Marilyn had an affair with JFK’s brother, Robert Kennedy. Gasp! In a BBC interview with Marilyn’a housekeeper, Eunice Murray, broke down and said “Well of course Bobby Kennedy was there, and of course there was an affair with Bobby Kennedy.” This confession confirmed that Bobby Kennedy most likely had significant knowledge of how and why Marilyn died. Because of this admission, along with the speculation around a secret affair with JFK, many believe that there was a secret plot conducted to urge her suicide as a coverup and/or a distraction from the affairs. A partially redacted FBI document was discovered in 2007 that suggests the Kennedys has desired to provide Marilyn with the drugs that would cause her to overdose and as a result, die. After this theory, other theories get a little bit far fetched, but the one I am about to present to you is widely believed and not beyond the bounds of possibility: Robert Kennedy hired the mafia to kill Marilyn. Many believe that Marilyn was exposed to confidential information and kept record of that info in a journal she called “The Little Red Book”. Because of this, she was thought to be a liability, as she reportedly threatened to release the confidential information to the public. According to biographer Darwin Porter, who studied and was captivated by Marilyn Monroe for years “A lot of people had a lot to lose if Marilyn spoke out. She was making a lot of dangerous statements and didn’t realize she was playing with the big boys. I think Marilyn got in over her head.” It is speculated that mafia hit men (hired by Robert Kennedy) were responsible for her murder, using a washcloth drenched in chloroform, then stripping Monroe and giving her a barbiturate enema.
Personally, I believe the Kennedys did have something to do with Marilyn Monroe’s death. The lack of evidence to prove that she did in fact kill herself is rather sketchy and the theory that she was chloroformed and given an enema that killed her seems more realistic in my opinion. If she in fact took enough pills to kill her, how did she not do so with a glass of water (there was no water found anywhere near her body) and why were there no pills in her stomach? It seems as though Marilyn knew more information than she should have, and when she possibly threatened to release said info, the Kennedys decided it would be easier to just get rid of her.
About the Writer
Megan Zimmerman, Staff Writer

Hi sisters!!! My name is Megan, I am a member of the Drill Team and NHS and I work at Allegheny Valley Hospital. My favorite album at the moment is Astroworld...